Monday, October 18, 2010

Master of None




My daughter Rachel and I were talking last night about our love of anything creative and how we "dabble" in so many creative areas and then move on to something new. Why is it that I don't have the drive to focus on one thing whether it is writing, photography, scrapbooking, or drawing and just master that one thing to the exclusion of all others? I'm jealous of those who are driven to be the best they can be at just one thing. They are the people who sell art, publish novels, have their photography published...

Honestly, I just want to do it all! I want to draw amazing pictures and sign my name to the bottom and see them hanging in an art gallery. I want to create amazing photographs that not only get published, but get blown up and framed to hang on mansion walls. I want to finish my novel and have thousands and thousands of people cherish it enough to read it over and over.

There aren't enough hours in the day to care for my home and family and complete a project a day to share with the world. Oh well! I shall continue to work on my many projects, master of none... and I just might get lucky one day!




No comments:

Post a Comment